- Christie's 2% extra comm on lots exceeding estimate. 'incentivising high performance' or parasitic on knowledge bank? interesting debate.
6 days ago
- The generosity of scholars! http://t.co/GmX4CRZ2M3
6 days ago
- Very sorry to hear about the death earlier this month of Paul Tomasso, art and antiques dealer of Gledhow Hall, Leeds......
1 weeks ago
- Off to London today for a project meeting with Eleanor and Lizzy. 12 months into the project...still lots to do!
2 weeks ago
- You are here:
Antique Dealers: the British Antiques Trade in the 20th Century, a cultural geography - is a 30 month research project funded by the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
One of the main outputs for the Antique Dealers project will be an interactive map of Britain which will plot the changing locations of the antique trade as it developed over the course of the 20th century. The research team will be collating a wide range of data for uploading into the Interactive website; Mark Wales, the software programmer for the project, is currently building the framework for the Interactive website - we envisage the website will go 'Live' by late March 2014. The website will also be populated with user-generated content, so if you would like to contribute to the research project do click on the 'Get Involved' button and tell us how you can help!
- Our interactive website is starting to come together. Mark (Sparky) Wales is currently modelling and testing the wesbite and we now are starting to populate it with real data from our research team.
- The Antique Dealers project is seeking volunteer help from Local and Family Historians, or anyone interested in contributing to the project. You don't need to have any expertise on the history of the antique trade, but a keen eye for accuracy would be needed. We have composed a little poster.....